Thursday, September 23, 2010

Investigative Report

Good old East halls, the place where most freshmen here at Penn State University call home. I am conducting my investigative report on underage drinking in East halls. East halls are made up of almost twenty dorm buildings of various sizes. I live on tenth floor of Brumbaugh hall. Although it is pretty cool to be on the “penthouse” floor as we call it, taking the steps is no fun when the elevators break. My room is at the end of the hallway; room 1012. Being at the end of the hallway is nice because it is a little quieter, but not many visitors stop by since I am kind of secluded.
As you enter room 1012, you immediately get a whiff of True Religion cologne. The next thing you will see is a breathtaking view of the mountains off to the west; the sunset is quite amazing. After you are done gazing at the view, you will see a small 19 inch LCD TV on top of the microwave and fridge. If you turn to the right you will see my roommate’s disheveled bed and desk. You will also see a poster that barely takes up any wall space and a small black fan. But when you look left, you will see a perfectly made bed and organized desk. Everything has to be in order on my side or I will become stressed. OCD maybe? Anyway, my cork board is full of the syllabi from all of my classes. My wall is decorated with an array of vibrant posters and flags; my favorite being the Flyers flag. Many pictures of family and friends line the ledge next to my bed. I am reminded every day of the support of my family and friends have for me. There is definitely a home-like feeling to my room.

1 comment:

  1. You did a really nice job of painting the scene at East, Ryan. You have a talent for painting the scene -- the cologne, the "penthouse" thing. All of it works. I'm curious how you'll incorporate your reporting into this type of writing.

    ReplyDelete